We have learnt as much from hosting our events as our attendees have from attending, and we thought one last 'Christmas Time, Intranets & Wine' Seminar, would be a great way to round off the year and look towards the hot trends of 2015… and we weren't wrong!
A huge thank you to everyone able to join us during such a busy time of the year. We had a great turnout and some brilliant guest speakers delivering insights for everyone. We thought we would wrap up a brilliant evening with a few photos of how it all went down.
*The full presentation slides are available via our past events page, and a free downloadable copy of BrightStarr & simply-communicate's top enterprise predictions for 2015 features at the very bottom of this post.
The evening kicked off with our ever classy host Jonathan Otter welcoming everyone with a selection of wine and canapés which set a great mood for the evening.
Session 1 - The biggest Microsoft tech developments of 2014
Brett Johnson, Office 365 technical whizz, led the way for the presentation portion of the evening (official title – Business Productivity Technical Sales Lead). He shared a great view of Microsoft’s enterprise technology development over the course of 2014, covering key areas such as:
- The development of Lync and its 2015 merger with Skype to create Skype for Business
- In addition to this the revolutionary Skype translator service
- The further integration of Yammer enterprise social tools across the Microsoft enterprise technology stack
- The new Office 365 video experience
- And of course, Office Graph and Delve
Session 2 - Biggest developments in internal comms for 2014 & what's hot for 2015
Marc Wright, internal comms guru and publisher at simply-communicate rounded up everything internal comms in 2014 and explained the growing trends that are changing the way we work. His presentation covered:
- The growing use of internal social media
- Increasing mobile uptake and the rise of the app
- The resurgence of email
Session 3 - How hot enterprise technology trends are affecting your solutions
The rising star of BrightStarr in the UK, Hannah Unsworth, gave a brilliant run down of exactly how BrightStarr has been delivering solutions on the cutting edge of digital trends for our clients. She covered the following projects:
- The RFU and their new social Intranet, reflecting their organizational values
- Abt Associates and their mobile ready Intranet empowering employees on the go
- Microsoft’s Power BI skills dashboard for delivering more insightful data
Session 4 - BrightStarr's enterprise technology predictions for 2015
Hannah was closely followed by Sam Hassani, one of BrightStarr's most renowned industry influencers, detailing our predictions for the enterprise in 2015 and how they will affect your business. He covered the following hot topics:
- The weaving together of disparate apps in 2015
- Strengthened mobile security on the horizon
- The future of SharePoint on-premises
Session 5 - How enterprise tech will evolve in 2015 to support greater collaboration
Finally Melvin Lancelot arrived to steal the show, demoing the brand new Unily Office 365 Intranet solution for our captivated audience, to show them the art of the possible with Office 365.
Post presentations everyone enjoyed food, drinks and networking. And one lucky guest's name was pulled from the proverbial hat to win a Fortnum & Mason hamper as their Christmas present. But not to worry, there was a little Christmas gift for all of our attendees!
Get your free download!
You can check out BrightStarr and simply-communicate's complimentary 2015 predictions document below! Want to share it with your colleagues or keep it for yourself? DOWNLOAD HERE