Unily, the leading digital workplace platform has been appointed by Shell, to connect its 135,000 internal users in over 70 countries and territories.
Shell chose Unily to unite their global workforce to improve employee productivity and engagement, giving employees an easy-to-use interface to access tools and targeted corporate information. Delivered on both desktop and mobile devices, the new intranet will support a more social, seamless and digitally enabled employee experience.
“We are delighted to collaborate with Shell to help them create a more social and digitally enabled experience,” said Paul Jackson, Managing Director, BrightStarr. “Unily will work with Shell to quickly establish a modern intranet, with the result being a scalable platform capable of flexing around their ever-changing employee and industry demands.”
Specifically, the new platform will provide the following five benefits for Shell:
• Combine eight core and ancillary applications, providing a single integrated intranet experience.
• Be at the forefront of driving adoption of Office 365 tools including SharePoint, Yammer, OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business and Delve, by making them accessible and to all staff via Unily’s interface.
• Deliver personalised and targeted corporate information to all of Shell’s 135,000 users through its simple-to-use interface, on desktop and mobile.
• Act as the gateway through which employees can access the tools they need to execute work (including IT support and HR activity).
• An integrated employee profile in a single platform to encourage social networking and knowledge sharing.
“Our people are some of the brightest in the industry, and expect the newest tools and applications to drive productivity and engagement across the organisation,” said David Harrington, VP Internal Communications. “Unily’s product will help us to create the experience our employees are seeking.”
Royal Dutch Shell plc
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and New York stock exchanges. Shell companies have operations in more than 70 countries and territories with businesses including oil and gas exploration and production; production and marketing of liquefied natural gas and gas to liquids; manufacturing, marketing and shipping of oil products and chemicals and renewable energy projects. For further information, visit www.shell.com.
Unily is the award-winning intranet-as-a-service from award-winning consultancy BrightStarr. Designed from the ground up to improve organisational productivity, efficiency and engagement, Unily gives workforces with the ability to communicate and collaborate from any device, anywhere. After a decade of custom intranet engagements, BrightStarr recognised that most organisations have similar core requirements. Unily incorporates them all—and much more—in a custom-built and standalone platform that can be deployed in weeks. For more information visit www.unily.com.
Talk to us to see how we can help you launch your very own digital workplace